March 23, 2017

Starting to Join My Scattered Stars

As you may have guessed from the title of the post, I've started to join my EPP stars 😉
EPP Scattered Stars | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
The plan is not to join these in regular rows, but instead they'll be scattered across the quilt with different sized spaces between the stars. I think it will be rather improv-like as I piece it together. I just hope it looks as good in reality as it does in my head! Since I don't have any idea how big this will end up, I may still make more stars as I go to add to the 100-some I have now. We'll see how it looks as I go.

I had planned on using two or three different grey solids to join the stars, but then I saw this mottled grey in my stash and realized it would be perfect with the solid grey I had already started basting into diamonds. Unfortunately, I only have scraps of the mottled grey left, but I think I can get more soon.

EPP Diamonds | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
The solid grey is, I think, Kona Graphite. If not, then it's a Northcott solid that is almost identical to Graphite. Either way, it has become my favourite neutral. Everything seems to pop against that grey!

Paul and I are going away next weekend (!) which will involve two days flying and hanging out in airports, so I'm hoping to make considerable progress on my EPP. This is still definitely a WISP, but I'm happy to be moving on to the next stage of it 😊

What are you working on this week?

6 comments:

  1. How fun that this is going to be an improvisationally pieced EPP project! I hope you have a great trip next weekend. I am personally working on some bee blocks and then will work on quilting my baby quilt to gift to friends this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Leeanne, I was so excited to see you EPP too! I can't wait to see your scattered stars finished! In my circle of quilting friends I'm the only one who EPPs.I'm working on a Grandmother's garden. It's my first big EPP project and I love it! I was thinking my next EPP project would be stars and if you don't mind I just may copy your idea of scattering them I love everything about your blog by the way.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tammy! I love EPP and it's great for traveling :) Good luck with your Grandmother's garden quilt. I'm glad you enjoy the blog!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on this next step in the project. Enjoy your getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will enjoy seeing where the stars take you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure that it will turn out just how you imagine it Leanne!

    Have a lovely break too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. I love hearing from you.