September 15, 2016

New Pattern?

I'm contemplating my next piecing project and I want it to be a free pattern that I will offer to subscribers to The Bulletin. (Are you a subscriber? Every month, on the 16th, I send out The Bulletin, which includes news from this blog, links to some fun things to make and a favourite recipe. 

My problem is, I can't decide which pattern to make! So I figured I'd ask for help :) With both designs I'd be offering size options, so I won't give any size details here.

The first design is Bubbles. This would involve inset circles, like my free Porthole block, along with some machine applique.
Bubbles quilt design | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
The second design is Strippy Pinwheels. This one would make for a fun scrappy quilt and would maybe be a little more beginner friendly.
Strippy Pinwheels quilt design | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
So, what are your thoughts? Would you be more interested in making one or the other? Cast your vote in the comments!

You don't have to be a subscriber to The Bulletin to share your opinion, but feel free to sign up if you want!

2 comments:

  1. I think they are both interesting in different ways. The top one has a kind of tribal feel to it an the bottom one has a lot of fun movement in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to say Bubbles....that will force me to try the circles. Both are great patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. I love hearing from you.