April 28, 2013

Block 17 plus And Sew On...

I finally managed to sew block 17 of my Golden Album Quilt. It was by far the most challenging block I've ever put together. I lost track of how many times I ripped out seams, but it's safe to say it was well into the double digits.
Set-in seams are not easy to get right! What is really fun is that blocks 18-20 all have lots of set-in seams too, so I guess I'll be an expert soon.

I do love all the blocks for this quilt, and I can't wait to see it when I finally get them all done.

As for the next block, I'm coming to this party a little late, but I figure better late than never...Kristy, of Quiet Play, is hosting And Sew On..., a block of the month featuring paper-pieced blocks. The theme is 'sewing'.

The April block is called either 'Snip it Real Good' or 'Not for Paper' (you choose!). Either way, the block went together easily and turned out great, if I do say so myself. The perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
 
I hope you have found time for whatever brings you joy this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. I love hearing from you.